This is a validation and road improvement only project - See instructions - Experienced mappers only please
Mapping project in response to hurricane Irma (Sept 2017) passing through the British Virgin Islands headed toward Miami-Dade area.
Created by bgirardot - Updated - Priority: medium
- Entities to Map
- Validation and Road Improvement Only
- Changeset Comment
- #osmus-project-125 #HurricanIrma #RoadsImprovement road improvements using JOSM validate. When saving your work, please leave the default comment but add what you actually mapped, for example "added buildings and a residential road".
Special Project Information
- Very experienced US road mappers only please.
- Much of this is already well mapped, this project is focused on making improvements to the road system only.
- JOSM Only - You must run JOSM validation on the entire task. Fix the easy validation errors, only the ones you are confident fixing. Focus on the road errors and warnings.
- Upload often and use "Update Data - ctl-u" in JOSM often to reduce conflicts
- Try to pick squares with no one working next to you to reduce conflicts
- These are very large task squares, again to reduce conflicts. But if they are too large, feel free to use the "Split" link after you have checked out a task square for mapping. It will quarter the task square. That link is there for you to use :)
Validation and Improving roads
- This is intended to be a Roads Only project. Please run JOSM validate on the entire task square first and identify easy fixes. Low hanging fruit.
- Fix the road errors and warnings.
- If you can't fix something, fix what you can related to roads and duplicate buildings. If you are stopping without fixing ERRORS, leave a comment on the task and just use "Stop Mapping"
- You can leave any warnings not related roads, we are focused on the roads. And obviously leave the road warnings you do not know how or can not fix.
- Do not edit relations warnings like "Role Verification Problem" unless you happen to be a relations expert as well and then only if it is something you want to deal with.
Questions should be directed to the OSM-US slack, general or disaster channel.